Thursday, October 8, 2009

2009 Mascot Grand National

I'll be the first to admit that British humor is a bit of an oxymoron to me but I have to laugh at one of their newer traditions. For whatever reason (I'll assume a few pints were involved), they started staging a yearly race among mascots of their soccer teams. It's held at a horse track (around other horse races) and I'm pretty sure wagering is permitted, which makes it even better. The 2009 edition took place last Sunday (October 4th) and while I was in Philadelphia, PA to meet up with the Phanatic and therefore unable to attend, here's some good video. OK, here's some jumpy amateur video but it's a mascot race from Europe, what do you expect. I only have one question... is that an avocado? And a little bonus video from the 2007 edition where a streaker tried to join the race only to be tackled by a swan. I take it all back, British humor is funny after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment