Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life Magazine Names Creepiest NCAA Mascots


Since colleges are starting to get back in session, Life Magazine decided to contribute a slideshow of what it deemed the "creepiest NCAA mascots." I can't argue with most of these and I will admit a recurring nightmare that I've been having about the Providence Friar (he's the thing in the white robe in the first slideshow picture). Two of our buddies made the list - the Penn Quaker (above) and Deac (see visiting team mascot post). At first I felt bad for our friends but after giving it some thought I realized that if your chin is the size of a normal person's head (sorry, Quaker) or if you have a bow tie sewn to your chin and look like you should be wearing a monocle (got you on that one, Deac), it does add to your creepy factor a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment