Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pittsburgh, PA - The Food



I'm sure there are plenty of delicious places to eat in Pittsburgh. I'm sure there are plenty of delicious things to eat in Pittsburgh. I don't care. I'm going to Primanti Brothers in the Strip District. This calorie-infused monstrosity is the Pastrami, loaded down with their trademark french fries and slaw right on the sandwich. I gained four pounds this weekend and although I'm not going to blame it all on our friend here, it was a good start.

With it's close proximity to all three of Pittsburgh's sports facilities, Primanti's is a great place to stop in for a mid-afternoon bite and then you can use the mile and a half walk to the stadium to burn off enough calories to rationalize that hot dog later. Did I mention that it was dollar dog night at the Pirates game too! I never did track down the pierogies at PNC Park but its always good to leave yourself a reason to come back.

Have you been to Pittsburgh and have a restaurant to recommend? Maybe the Wings at Quaker Steak and Lube? Leave it in the comments section - we'll give it a try next time passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment